Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Husband Rocks Your Husband

He really does.

I can't sleep with the heat on. I'm one of those people who HAS to have a blanket on, or i just can't fall asleep. And if i'm too hot. . . well, i may as well hang it up. So my nightly ritual is to turn the heat down to 65ish (or lower, depending on how hard i twist the dial while not paying attention to the actual temperature) before crawling into bed.

Except i frequently walk right by the thermostat, crawl into bed, and lay there for a little while, getting sweaty, before i realize it's not going to get any better, because i just walked right by the thermostat and crawled into bed.

Damn it.

So then i have to crawl out of bed, get dressed, go back out to the thermostat, turn it down, and then crawl back into bed. You'd think that the routine would be enough to keep me from forgetting this important pre-bed ritual, but alas, my brain is defective at the least convenient of times.

But no more! This is where the complete awesomeness of my husband comes in:


Photobucket

While i was at work today, he installed one of these bad boys. Not only that, he programmed it to decrease the temperature two hours BEFORE we go to bed, so that it's already cooling by the time i climb between the sheets; and then set it to cool down to a nice, chilly 64 degrees somewhere around the time i turn out the lights. Then it goes back up to 70 when it's time to get up. Seriously. When your man goes out and finds programmable gadgets to overcome your crappy memory, he officially receives Bomb Diggity status.

As if that wasn't cool enough, he also fixed my kitchen sink problem.

"What kitchen sink problem?," you may be asking yourself. Well, i bought one of those over-the-sink shelves for my kitchen sink several months back. It's really handy for keeping my hand soap and dish soap and sponges out from around my sink. The drawback: i had one of those lifty-handle faucets that was too tall to fit under the over-sink shelf. Boo.

After installing my awesome new Fuck Your Forgetful Brain, You Will Sleep In Chilly Comfort Regardless thermostat, he changed my old, inconvenient faucet out for this beauty

Photobucket

specifically so i wouldn't have to get rid of the over-sink shelf i like so much. Doesn't he just rule?! And i'm not talking about the Small Dark Nipple People, either. Sorry, gals. . . my husband just rocks your husband like a boat on choppy waters.

I love you, Babe :) Thanks for being the handyman of my dreams today.

No comments: