Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

So back to this whole Ryan business. I kinda sat back after he left and thought of all the things i SHOULD have done at the time.

I should have told him right away that he needs to introduce people when he brings them into our house.

I should have told them that Jim's hint wasn't a request.

I should have told them I was uncomfortable with their behaviour.

I should have flipped on the light and told that bitch to go home.

But i didn't... I honestly didn't know how to react at the time and as much as i wish i had my wits about me at the time, i didn't. I have always been great with imagining what i should have done at the time ten minutes too late. Gotta love that hindsight, eh?

So what i plan to do is this:

1. He gets a nice big lecture about permission. Also, how i expect him to conduct himself in the presence of friends in my house. After all, if we're too embarrassing to be introduced, then his friends really don't have any business over here in the first place.

2. He gets to have zero friends over for the forseeable future. That's for not satisfying the conditions of my permission before doing as he asked, and not having the courtesy to introduce them.

3. No more girls in the bedroom. That's for treating my house like a fucking rent-by-the-quarter-hour-no-tell-motel.

I know he's a teenager, i know he's exploring his boundaries or whatever. But as far as i'm concerned, he's not grown yet (as evidenced by his immature behaviour) and boundary exploration doesn't allow for nor excuse disrespect.

No comments: