Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Dear Liar,

I won't get into the specifics here, but someone close to me has lied to me again. This is a person i usually defend to his parents and go out of my way to be kind to because i feel like he has seen too much unkindness in his life, especially at the hands of his extended family. He puts on a pretty good face of being a responsible person (i'm pretty sure he was, at one point in his life), and it was difficult to trust him again after the last time i caught him lying to me.

So what do i do now? I asked him a very straightforward question, and he outright lied to me. He's a big fan of playing with semantics and technicalities, but there were no semantics for him to play with. I don't know how to treat him now. I mean, i hate to sound like one of those "After all i've done for you" kind of people, but that's really how i'm feeling.

So, if you're reading this, i want you to know it'll be a long time before i trust you again. Don't you dare get impatient with me, because you've brought this on yourself. Don't ask me for anything, because you don't deserve it after this. Don't come crying to me about the injustices in your life, because you've just done me a great injustice yourself. And when you start feeling sorry for yourself, as you inevitably will, you'd BETTER remember that what's happening to you is all your fault.

No comments: