Thursday, July 2, 2009

Small Rant About The Makers Of Movies

Moviemakers can do absolutely amazing things with films now-a-days. CGI, special effects, "magic". . . Harry Potter movies take my breath away everytime i see one. There's literally only one thing cinematographers haven't seem to have mastered yet:

Making the voices the same volume as (or a little louder than) the goddamn music and effects.


It happens every time! I'm sitting there, watching a movie, and i have to turn the volume WAY up to hear the conversation, only to have my ear drums ruptured when someone fires a gun, or music starts playing. I go from this:


Photobucket



to this:



maxell Pictures, Images and Photos



and it drives me insane! They spend all that money on developing newer, better explosions, realistic looking fire. . . hell, they can even make it look like someone's missing limbs! How bout spending a little time on sound research, eh?

No comments: