Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chicago White Socks

I woke up several times yesterday, shivering like i didn't have any blankets on in the middle of Winter. Odd. I was using the quilt my mom made me for my birthday a few years ago; the same quilt i'd been using all summer long without feeling too hot or too cold. I crawled out of bed and went to examine the thermostat, vowing pain and dismemberment to the person who DARED turn it down that cold under my breath. . .only to discover no one had touched it. Huh. I trudged back to bed and tried to go back to sleep, but i was just too cold. Annoyed, i took stock of my situation. I didn't feel sick, so that was out. The thermostat hadn't changed from the 76 degrees i always leave it on, so that couldn't be it. It's still summertime. . . It made no sense for me to be this cold! But there i was, shivering under my quilt in the middle of summer.

I tried to roll over and ignore it. My feet touched my husband who was nice and warm. I snuggled up to him, only to realize that he was only registering as warm to my feet. Bingo! I got up and put some socks on. It took me a few minutes, but i warmed up nicely and went back to sleep. Funny how cold feet can make you feel like you're living in the Arctic circle, huh?

No comments: