Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Feel So Violated . . .

I woke up this morning to find that sometime during the night, my car had been vandalized and burglarized. Nothing vital was taken (no doubt, because they couldn't FIND anything vital in the great trash heap that passes for the interior of my car). They pried the face off of my cd player and put out a cigarette in the guts of it, tore off my glove box and rifled through the contents (which was mostly an up-ended bag of sunflower seeds and old insurance cards), took the change i had on my dashboard and kind of tossed the contents of the rest of the interior around. Nothing major missing or broken, certainly nothing that can't be replaced or fixed.

It's mostly the idea that this happened in my own driveway that bothers me the most. I don't live in the picture of suburban perfection, but my neighborhood's a pretty quiet one. Modest houses, modest people. I realize it was probably some bored teenagers passing by looking for money and something to do, and this isn't the first time my car's been broken into, but i can't help feeling somewhat violated.

No comments: