Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Portion Sizes, Schmortion Sizes!



At least, that's been my attitude toward fruit ever since WW decided it's "free".

The retarded thing is, I didn't even think about it until I sat at the lunch table yesterday, and after a very satisfying meal, proceeded to eat a pound of cherries (literally- I bought one pound because they were on sale). And even then I would've been oblivious if my boss hadn't pointed out that I now had none for tomorrow.

Woah. Did I just eat a whole POUND?! Why, oh, WHY didn't you point that out half a pound ago, Roz? Suddenly, I was stuffed and miserable, and I hadn't even had a single piece of chocolate. Funny how that works, isn't it?

After that, I took a gander at my tracker to see what I'd been up to for the last week. Fruit, that's what I'd been up to. I hadn't had a single veggie in nine days, and to make matters worse, I hadn't tracked a single portion size of all that fruit! I mean, some of it wasn't so bad- an apple pretty much portions itself, but grapes don't. Neither do cherries or cantaloupe chunks or craisins (which still have points, dummy!). Now I'm worried it'll keep me from a loss this week.

So, I promised my tracker I'll make at least two of my five a vegetable this coming week, and to portion out my fruit. He'll be watching, too.

2 comments:

Angelia said...

Screw portions! It's free!! Ok, I guess not really. Just how many cherries would you have to eat before they would rack up a point? I have to say that I hate that dried fruit isn't free because I heart dried apples. Not that fresh ones aren't tasty-but dried ones are a whole different taste.

Corpus Christie said...

19. 19 cherries used to equal one point on the old plan.

I wish dried fruit wasn't so expensive, either. I mean, i get why they do it, but damn! Sometimes a salad just begs for craisins!