Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week One's In The Bag! (This Is Not an Interesting Post)


In spite of my misgivings, I am down 1.8 lbs (yay me!). I did have a hard time staying in my points for the first few days- I was averaging 35-44 points a day (I'm not sure if I was really that hungry or if it was panic-induced eating), but the extra 49 came to my rescue.

I leveled off after I re-learned how to distribute my points throughout the day, though, and I was feeling pretty confident about skating into my meeting with a loss. All in all, I have to say, the plan isn't really very different; the new values just take a bit of getting used to.

One thing I'm really hating: the new calculator (warning! incoming pettiness!). It just doesn't flow right! All nutrition labels go fat -> carbs -> fiber -> protein. All. Of. Them. So why does the calculator ask for protein -> carbs -> fat -> fiber? It's all over the place and I'm constantly putting the wrong values in. Sometimes I catch it and correct (pain in the adipose!), but I'm sure there've been times I didn't and just tracked wrong. That mis-entry could be the difference between a loss and . . . well, not-a-loss.

One thing I'm really loving: the "raise" I got for getting up off my ass! I've never been an exercising kind of person, and the fact that I don't have to do as much for my activity points is butter and gravy in my world. And please don't go telling me I'll get addicted to it once I'm in the habit! I waited and waited to love exercise like everyone promised, and I still count the seconds till I can get off the Evil Conveyor Belt of Ultimate Misery- aka my treadmill. It's outright lies, but I'm doing it anyway. Even if my muscles hate me the next day, my cholesterol will be thanking me one day, and it's enough that at least part of me will be grateful.

2 comments:

Angelia said...

I tried all week to comment on this from work! Something would go wrong with the comment box every time. Which led to my uninstalling IE, then reinstalling it, updating it...which spirialed into updating Office...it wasn't pretty.

ANYWHO! We will so get this shit. I'm totally with you and I think once we get the hang of it we might even like it better. I like the idea of the power foods. However-I tend to get hostile when someone suggests less bread.

I totally love excersize after the whole getting off my ass thing actually happens. There really will come a time when you realize that you feel better, can walk longer and aren't breathing as hard. When you get there, excersize doesn't seem like work-it's like a power fix. GOTTA HAVE IT! MUST. JOG. Srsly. It will come.

Now that I've pep talked you, I just need to follow my own advice. ><

Corpus Christie said...

Oh, Lord help the person who actually dares use the words "less" and "bread" in reference to one another in *my* presence! They seriously might lose a limb.

I heart yer pep talk <3