Thursday, May 15, 2008

Drew Carey, How I Loathe Thee!

I have to say: This guy is so incredibly NOT funny! I used to watch his show occasionally and i thought it was a pretty funny show, and therefore thought (stupidly) that he was funny.

Then i started to watch Whose Line Is It, Anyway?. That's when i got the wakeup call. . . This guy is awful! How can someone touted to be so funny be so unfunny. . . on a COMEDY show?! I thought maybe it was because the people surrounding him were so funny, but after a few weeks, i realized that wasn't the case at all. He just sucks. Eventually i quit watching the show altogether because he completely ruined it for me everytime he opened his mouth. Then i forgot about him.

Until i caught him on The Price Is Right yesterday. This is not a show i normally watch, but my husband was flipping through teh channels and it was the Spin The Big Wheel At The End part, so he left it there. Watching him talk and repeat himself in this really bland voice completely validated my feelings about him. He was flat, boring, and really sounded like he just didn't want to be there at all. Now, while i realize this isn't a standup comedy show or anything, i still couldn't believe he wasn't more entertaining than than that. I've just come to the conclusion that he's only funny if he's parrotting someone else's lines. Without writers, this guy would have been another used car salesman.

No comments: