Friday, January 2, 2009

And In Other, Less Important News. . .

My computer gave up the ghost today. My husband bought it for me 6ish years ago (prolly a smidge less than that), and it's been a pretty terrific computer. Not many things in the technological world last that long anymore.

After troubleshooting for a while, we discovered it was the new stick of RAM i tried to install. I didn't do it wrong or anything, it was just defective, and it corrupted Winblows. Winblows is pretty much the whole reason i didn't want to get a new computer in the first place. I really like XP, and i've been extremely reluctant to "upgrade" to all the problems Vista promises.

My first choice was to take it to the Greeks to have it looked at. But then my husband seduced me with this beauty:


Photobucket



Customized and tuned to have the best value and performance with AMD Athlon 6000+ dual core processor and NVIDIA 9600GT 512MB graphics card, this system is crafted for enthusiasts looking for more graphics and processing power in their next PC. iBUYPOWER's standard silent cooling solution and enthusiast chassis allow for more upgradability in the future and the standard Windows Vista Premium is the next generation platform for DirectX 10 gaming. Show the system off with a clear side panel, a preinstalled neon light accents the system's graphics and internals. iBuypower ships all systems with professional cable management, providing the ideal tunnel for airflow within the system.

For about $700. With the exception of the OS, i'm pretty excited about it. For you techies out there who may be tempted to tell me how much this computer sucks, save it. I'm on a tight budget, and this thing has some pretty nice specs for the price. This is particularly mindblowing to me because when i had my dead computer built, it set me back $1600. My, how times have changed. RIP, Old Grinder.

No comments: