Monday, April 20, 2009

A Brief Rant About People Who Reprhase Questions

Has someone ever asked you a question you didn't know the answer to? Did they then turn around and rephrase the question so that it sounds a little different, and then ask you again? That's a practice quite a few people i encounter in daily life engage in, probably without even realizing what they're doing.

I don't get it. Recomposing the same question in a different format generally isn't going to cause me to suddenly know the answer. My boss is particularly fond of this tactic.

"How many boxes of syringes did we get?"

"Not sure."

"Do you know how many pallets there were?"

". . . no. . ."

"How many did the invoice say there were?"

ARGH!!! It doesn't matter HOW you ask me about the quantity of syringes that came. . . I still don't fucking know how many we got in!!



"How much longer on that viable particle monitoring?"

"I didn't know i was supposed to do that."

"Did you start it?"

"No, i didn't know i was supposed to."

"When do you think it'll be done?"

"I don't know, i haven't started it!"

"Well how long is it going to take?"

This line of questioning makes me want to brain myself with a package of Trypticase Soybean-Casein agar plates. Only then i wouldn't be able to use them to do viable particle monitoring.

No comments: