Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snippet From My Day #3

"Ugh, I've got an eye-twitch in my foot," I complained, shaking my foot as though it were something I could dislodge.

He stared at me like I'd just sprouted the twitching foot in question directly out of the side of my head.

"You know those annoying eye twitches you get when you're tired?" I tried to explain.

". . . yeah. . ."

"Well, I've got one in my foot. An eye-twitch in my foot."

"Yeah, I hur' what you sai'. It jus' don' make no sense."

"Sure it does! It's a tiny little spasm-y jerk right in the arch of my foot. It's exactly like the tiny little spasm-y jerk you get in your eyelid."

"Woul'n that be a foot twitch?"

I watched him persist stubbornly in completely missing the point, and gave up. I wasn't exactly sure I had a point in the first place.

"I suppose it would," I conceded.

9 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Would that be a muscle spasm? I think so. I get them in my middle toe sometimes...and they hurt like a you-know-what!

Christina Lee said...

hee hee **smiles**

Alissa Grosso said...

Hey, I knew exactly what you meant. An eye twitch in the foot. Makes perfect sense to me.

Corpus Christie said...

Steph: It's not really a spasm, per se, not in the painful way you're describing. It's more like an involuntary twitch. In my foot it kinda tickled, but in my eye, it's just irritating because I feel like people think I'm winking at them.

Alissa: I'm SOMEONE gets it :) My coworker just didn't.

Lothiriel said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've gotten those.

I used to get a lot of eye twitching when I was prego, until I found ways to be able to sleep and rest without the belly bothering me.

Corpus Christie said...

Ah, jeeze. I couldn't even imagine that, I'm a stomach-sleeper. AND an insomniac. No, I'm afraid I just couldn't do pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Dear Author mindofcorpuschristie.blogspot.com !
It is interesting. You will not prompt to me, where I can read about it?

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

Corpus Christie said...

Quote away :) I don't mind. I don't have a twitter account, though.